View Single Post

Old 02-21-2017, 11:11 AM

Liked 1,382 Times in 582 Posts

Given all of the discussion, I'm glad that I've got a 442 on layaway with the local emporium. It'll be lighter than my current pocket h/g - a Kahr CM9. I really like the CM9, it’s been 100% reliable so far, but (I hate to admit) it takes gorilla arms to chamber a round in it. I've gone back a couple of times to check out the videos linked above. Pretty informative - the one with the police officer is sorta not fair - I think most folks would be toast trying to draw anything against an attacker who is already drawn on them and ready to fire. One other video appeared to be after dark at a stop-and-rob - which just isn't a good situation to place yourself into, per my comments above.

Like prolly everyone else - I've tried to think through this (very difficult with a Barney brain ) and decided the odds favor me dropping, or otherwise fumbling, an auto with a possible ND. An ND could mean losing my CCP and also might result in firearms loss, jail time, lawsuit, the works. Doubtful but possible. I've decided to balance that very real possibility up against the slimmest of chances of being jumped by some (used to be able to say thug).

Last, but not least, I agree 100% - there is no such thing as a bad donut, it’s just that some are better than others!
The Following User Likes This Post: