View Single Post

Old 02-23-2017, 05:59 PM

Liked 1,387 Times in 582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitwabit View Post
A car jacking can happen at any stop light anytime of day in any town USA .. even in very well to do areas you might feel safe in .. the ole farm boy with his pistol in the glove box isn't able to defend himself and has just given a criminal his pistol !!
You are absolutely right - the bad guy owns the situation, in that case, and can have the car and the pistol as far as I'm concerned. But, quick reminder, situational awareness plays a role here. The doors lock automatically on my vehicle - and I always leave room between myself and the car in front of me. I suppose someone could run out, handgun drawn, into traffic and demand that I get out - it's happened too often elsewhere. Revolver, or auto with chambered round, or pointy stick - doesn't matter - I'm driving away if possible. I live south of DC - but out of bus-range of DC if you get my drift. There hasn't been an incident like that around here in at least the last three years. Who knows, it could happen tomorrow ...

Are you suggesting that your chambered round somehow makes you a clear winner in that situation? Would you fire at someone thru the glass of your car? What about your stray rounds hitting other vehicles and/or drivers and passengers? I will continue to carry where it's legal around here; but, to re-use your farm boy comment, I ain't stupid - I'm not going to open fire on some fool standing outside my car and demanding that I get out!!