View Single Post

Old 02-23-2017, 08:19 PM

Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

As has been mentioned..."stuff happens". I am "newer" at CC and it is something that I do daily now for a little over a year. Practicing will make you "better" but no one is ever the "best". The situational awareness is the biggest key. (IMO ......and it is only that......Opinion) I drive a Jeep or ride a Harley 95% of the time. Someone approaching me, and me trying to reach behind me and draw just doesn't compute for me. I use a "cross draw" or "off side" holster....fortunately one of the local Bike shops has a vest that is designed SPECIFICALLY for CC again in the "off side" which is very close to where I would be reaching when in the Jeep. Why do I mention all this?
I am no "expert" but I know what I am "comfortable with", and that helps me be safe for myself and others...and IMO more prepared. One thing the military taught me....there is never too much Practice.....If you are not "comfortable", empty chamber or one in the pipe won't matter, you won't be "fluid"...and that may cost you your life or injury to someone you didn't intend.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: