View Single Post

Old 02-26-2017, 03:57 AM

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default .32 and .22 Humpbacks

I'd rather call them "Bodyguards," but these days that term would confuse. I'd like to have a Model 638 in .32 H&R Magnum and a Model 649 in .327 magnum.

Sixty years ago Bill Jordan opined that it would be ideal to have a 2'' barreled J-frame in .22 magnum. I agree and think that nothing can beat the shrouded hammer for discreet carry. Admittedly, I can make my own with Bianchi Lightning grips, but it just isn't the same. The price of the K-frame grips indicates that the larger framed iteration would be welcomed by many as well. I must note that the Bianchi J-frame grips aren't precisely dirt cheap either.

I've noticed that lately there has been discussion here and there of the .25 A.C.P. as a round for a kit gun with adjustable sights. I wouldn't turn down a .25 Model 638 either. It's accurate, reloadable, and versatile. I believe that it would be an ideal gun for wandering my place with canine company in the event that we encounter errant dirt clods or aggressive cow pies. A great deal of research indicates that bear spray is preferable for bears, particularly Grizzlies who do visit on occasion but have never caused a problem..
The Following 4 Users Like Post: