View Single Post

Old 02-26-2017, 04:36 PM

Liked 5,259 Times in 1,732 Posts
Default YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfaced View Post
Thanks all for your sincere answers.

I left out an important part or I did a poor job conveying my objective... I'm just doing this for myself, for my own betterment. I'm not looking to do this as a job. My next job will be called retirement.

I suppose high quality informative books would be a good start.

Rather than start a new thread maybe people could suggest some more good books.

Thanks again!
I like your stated approach very much. I will spend a little time going over my reference library and come up with some recommendations. I suggest you haunt ebay and on-line old book stores. Heck, I have even found a usable gunsmithing reference book at Goodwill.

Give us some hint at just what general type of guns in which you are interested and then narrow that down to specifics. There are several of us that have been thru this and can help. Remember, "Everyone has to start a new endeavor, sometime." We were all beginners at one time or another.

Your first effort at finding good reference books might be by calling or emailing the gunsmithing schools at Colorado School of Trades,Denver, CO.; Trinidad State Junior College, Trinidad, CO; Lassen Community College, Susanville, CA, and asking for the list of books their gunsmithing course uses. .......... Pick and choose wisely, some books are 'better' than others. ....
The Following 2 Users Like Post: