View Single Post

Old 02-27-2017, 09:15 AM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

Don't own a M&P AR15 but I do own a few other brands. Like my signature says "Use should dictate gear!" I voted Red Dot because that is what is on the majority of my AR15s but I also have other optics.

For defense guns that will be used to protect myself and my family Aimpoint Red Dots are my choice. I like the H2/T2 if you have the coin or a Aimpoint Pro on the budget end. Red dots are excellent for spitting distance to 200 yards for me. They are fast to target and accurate enough. I can easily shoot minute of man with Aimpoints and I cannot see a situation where I am engaging beyond that. I mainly use these on 14.5" and 16" guns. If I had to choose only one it would be a Aimpoint T2.

I also run a few 1x6 variable scopes on quick detach mounts. These days that means a Primary Arms 1x6 on a American Defense mount. I like this setup for something that can push out to 300 with the ability to tighten groups if I am up to it. I use this on a 18" build.

I am also looking or an ACOG in 2017 to use on a Colt 6920.

In the end you have to look at what you want to do with the rifle. What your vision is capable of and of course your budget.

Last edited by WVSig; 02-27-2017 at 09:16 AM.