View Single Post

Old 02-27-2017, 10:40 AM
US Veteran

Liked 454 Times in 224 Posts
Default on line gunsmithing

I would recommend American Gunsmithing Institute for the Gunsmithing courses. They teach the method of Design, Function, Repair for analyzing what is wrong and fixing the problem. I would start off with the Practical Gunsmithing Course, Hobby Gunsmithing Course on line, with the tools you would need for most of the jobs included in the course. As you progress in your studies, you can purchase additional tools as you see fit. The second Course I would pursue is the AGI Law Enforcement Armorer's course. The course consists of 15 guns that are in the law enforcement category and civilian firearms. I have learned a great deal of information and repairing my guns or adding on additional accessories that would be unattainable if not for those courses. Also, I am a member of their Gun Club of America with monthly DVD's on disassemble, assembly of old and new guns that are priceless for future repairs you may run across in your repairs. If you know how a gun functions and understand it, you can diagnose the problem. I have been a member for over 10 years and you do not need to have a great deal of machinery. Most of the repairs can be completed with a drill, bench sander, vice, Fordom or Dremmel tool and a drill press from Harbor freight. You can advance your learning with their Professional gunsmithing courses and master gunsmithing courses. I would look into their web site and they will send you samples of what you will need and a couple of lessons to get you started at no cost to you. You can learn on your time and not on a schedule such as classrooms and timed learning material. Their method has been proven and their instructors are fantastic, which I may add are at your disposal for questions and answers as a member GCA. I have formulated springs for tip ups and top breaks which were non existence and or hard to find. I work on my guns a few hours a day and enjoy the workmanship of antiques and modern guns of today. If you need additional info, please feel free to contact me.

Nick