View Single Post

Old 03-02-2017, 07:46 PM

Liked 21 Times in 12 Posts

The gun is NOT stolen, the gentleman who's estate I purchased this from, was a long time serious collector. I purchased 37 guns from this estate in the 80's, none were stolen and I forgot I even owned this. I'm selling off a lot of my collection, I happened to find it in a box of parts while cleaning out a 40' container.

From the looks of it he was probably going to refinish or customise or even engrave it. The frame has some bugger marks along the top strap but there is no rust.

I looked at Numrich and other parts companies, it would cost 2-3x to buy individual parts, kinda like the auto parts business. I could buy a mint 19-2 for 1/2 of what the individual parts would cost. If someone had a frame cut 19, then it would be worth rebuilding it.

I've worked with law enforcement for many years when I owned a pawnshop, when I managed one of the largest gun stores in the country and over the last 30 years as an FFL. I just have never rebuilt a gun, I always knew gunsmiths who did work for me but I haven't done much in guns for the past 10 years.

Trust me, I'm not some noobie who's selling stolen stuff and I've been around the block a few times.

Last edited by s&wchad; 03-03-2017 at 07:08 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: