View Single Post

Old 03-09-2017, 07:49 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep854 View Post
The larger trigger guard, being a bit more distant from the trigger, causes the second finger to rest lower, resulting in a slightly lower grasp and slightly spreading of the trigger and second fingers. This also slightly increases the distance and angle to the mag release.
It is apparently not noticeable to your hand, but I find it a bit uncomfortable to reach the mag release, as compared to a regular, straight trigger guard. It's enough that I will make sure any lowers I get in the future have the regular guard.
Your reply made me go get my rifles out and compare. I have several lowers made by different vendors. The Sport, Spike's Tactical, CMMG... all with the A2 grip. Only the Sport has the integral, enlarged trigger guard. I feel no difference whatsoever between the 3 lowers. My second finger rests in the exact same place on all 3... right below the ear where the pin holds the guard in place, or where that would be on the Sport. That area is the same on all 3. It doesn't come in contact with the area where the trigger guard is enlarged at all.
The Following User Likes This Post: