View Single Post

Old 03-10-2017, 11:38 AM
US Veteran

Liked 14,506 Times in 5,522 Posts

Hold on guys - please start your own threads. It is very confusing to add to another poster's thread and should not be done. Just click on the "New Thread" button and start something new.

Getting back to the OPs gun. Yes they are scarce, but I have never seen the numbers produced. If I were to venture a guess using the SWCA database and observation, I would say 10%, which could be about 30,000 made but I don't think that is the case. 10,000, however, would not be out of the realm of possibility. I think they are priceless, but I like all long barreled S&Ws. If you supply the serial number, we can determine if those stocks could be original or not. The gold medallion pearl stocks started around 1893 and if your gun was produced earlier, it is likely that the pearls came with the gun. You can normally tell by looking closely at the fit, since all guns were hand finished and the stocks fitted to each revolver produced. If the seams are perfect, it is also a good indication that they are factory.

As for value, the 32 DA does not get much money, even in great condition. A comparison might be to look at mine bought at auction 2 years ago that cost $210. Problem is you do not see these for sale often enough to judge value.

Pictures below are of the 6" and a recently acquired 2" cut barrel. Oh - - I like snubbie top-breaks too . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010012.jpg (96.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg P1010013.jpg (72.1 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by glowe; 03-10-2017 at 11:44 AM.