View Single Post

Old 03-11-2017, 08:26 AM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonrunner View Post
look at this video of a DD5V1 fail. The person dropped it on the ground and the 4 bolts that attach the free floated handguard shifted and caused the rail to be out of alignment with reciever. There were other problems as well. Good thing I did not buy this rifle. also this rifle had issues with trigger failing to reset. Think I will stick to Windham's, Colts, and believe it or not I love my Sport ii. I would be definitely be bummed out had I spent 3K on a rifle and then find out it had many issues. I am also thankful I was here kicking this question around and pondering before making a rash decision. I understand the vast majority of DD owners are not going to drop their DD on the ground, but you don't see ven rifles like Bushmaster or DPMS doing this stuff. Daniel Defense AR15, 2500 Rds Later: Died in my Arms... - YouTube
You don't know Rob do you? He's an ex Polish SF who does AK centric courses. His standard is all rifles have to be AK tough surviving Stalingrad. Some AKs he tests fail, I don't see a Bushmaster surviving he's tests either

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Like Post: