View Single Post

Old 03-11-2017, 08:53 PM

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

I am a retired LEO and I know full well that in the best circumstance law enforcement cannot protect me and my family despite how much they want to. FBI statistics- average response time to VIOLENT crime is 12 minutes; non violent crime is 90 minutes. And these times are AFTER someone can call 911! The best law enforcement can do in a vast majority of times is to clean up the mess. They have an impossible job. Consider for a moment the mass shooting in San Bernardino---cops arrived in six minutes---bested the average by half and yet how many were shot? What do we teach people to do? Run, hide, fight...we give the bad guy exactly what he wants--I bunch of targets with their backs to him, posing no threat whatsoever. Imagine how that situation changes with only one person with the training, mental preparedness, and willingness to pose a threat to him? How would that disrupt his plan to actually have someone shooting back! That's why I carry. Bad guys spray and pray...if I can avoid it I do since that generally can't hit the pacific from the deck of the enterprise; but if I cannot, I am prepared to pose a threat to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 8 Users Like Post: