Thread: 617 .22 lr
View Single Post

Old 03-17-2017, 12:33 PM

Liked 17,216 Times in 5,643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by themush74 View Post
As for the trigger Jam i am referring to the trigger would not pull back nor would the hammer cock back. Whatever the technical terms are it would not pull back to fire also the hammer would not pull back to single fire either. I understand this is a very reputable company but nothing should come out of the box that way whether i pay $1 or $10,00 fir something.
So there is a forum, I post what actually went wrong with my gun and i get scalded upon. not like I'm making this stuff up.
What you've described sounds like you are short stroking the action when firing double action. I've seen this and experienced it first hand on many guns, and is a fault of the operator, not the gun. Try shooting single action only and see what happens. If it functions OK, then try shooting DA with a slow steady pull. If it works for both of these, then I'm sure it's what I suggested. It happens when you hesitate slightly during a fast DA pull, enough to let momentum get ahead of your pressure on the trigger, or if you happen to let slightly off the trigger and then try to apply pressure again. This would explain why S&W found nothing wrong with the gun. The 10 shot 617 has a very short throw because the cylinder doesn't have far to travel. In theory, this would seem to help stop the short stroke from happening, but in my experience it actually makes it worse.