View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 07:40 AM

Liked 12,673 Times in 3,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddietruett View Post
I was told it was for "safety reasons". In a way I can sort of see that, however my argument was who is day in day out going to be safer, the shooter who spends $500-$100 dollars in equipment to not only save a few bucks, but at the same time create the best shooting ammo we can or the yahoo who buys his first gun and starts banging away! I've been loading off and on over 30 years and 99.9% of the loaders I've met are way more safety concerned than the average new gun buyer who I've found usually buys a bigger caliber than he can handle.
I agree.

In addition, I've encountered far more issues with un-contained gas events or other cartridge failures at our club range with shooters using the cheapest available ammo than I have observed with shooters using hand loads.

But...range officers will normally question someone new who shows up with hand loads about their loads and loading practices. If they look and sound like they know what they are doing they'll be watched for a bit, and the brass will be subtly inspected, but once they've demonstrated they won't blow themselves up, they won't ever be bothered again.
The Following User Likes This Post: