View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 09:23 AM

Liked 325 Times in 193 Posts

Talk about an over reaction thread.....

As has been stated, you'd litterly have to intentionally quick smash a primer to get it to go off. I don't freak out about primers as some have.
I once said what happens with primers burning off in a can, and got the impression from some, that major explosions happen. They don't. They pop a few feet.

No way, would I hand load primers off press, when using a Dillon 650. I think that anyone who really uses these machines will soon find, the smoothness & technique to avoid flipped primers, no primers, and sideways primers. While a beginner might end up with 20 screwed up primers per hundred, that will quickly go to a zero count, or one or two at best.

Quote:
Oh by the way, please wear seat belts when you drive. They are there for your safety and in most states it's against the law to drive without them. A helmet is optional.
As to this, seven years ago, I hit a deer at 65 mph on a motorcycle, as it leaped off a hill and over the left side of the highway, to land directly in front of me. I hit it's direct mass on a 800 pound bike, but it didn't blast through it. Instead the front wheel was pushed into the engine. I was thrown over the windshield, hit the asphalt on the left side of my head, and tumbled over & over for 150 feet. Time did seem to slow, as I was conscious, with no feeling of pain. My mind, said, when will I decelerate?

I did happen to wear a full face helmet that day, considering I often didn't on cross country rides. The helmet saved my head, the face guard flipped down to save my face, and somehow I didn't break my neck. The helmet did take out my collar bone, shoulder blade, and all left ribs were broke, as well as a non-functioning left lung.

But, I'm still here to prime on the 650! Just thought I'd throw this in for anyone wondering about helmets. P.S. Protective clothing helps too. I wasn't wearing any. Severe road rash, that took doctors hours to clean up.

Last edited by LAA; 03-20-2017 at 09:26 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: