View Single Post

Old 03-21-2017, 08:10 AM
US Veteran

Liked 19,064 Times in 6,883 Posts

M_conrad_0311

The Letter of Authenticity that Roy generates will give you background information on your model and, for your specific gun, the exact ship date and to whom it was shipped (usually a hardware store or distributor). It will often give some details on the gun's configuration (barrel length, finish, type of stocks, etc.). For that letter you are charged a flat fee, currently $75.

A history search request through the SWHF will give you further details if they are available. An example of this would be something like a later trip to the Service Department made by your gun. There may or may not be anything in the records for your gun. If not, you aren't charged for getting nothing. If something is found, the cost varies, depending on how much paper is found on your gun. To request the SWHF information, you must already have obtained the letter from Roy. Keep in mind that cataloging and digitizing the vast amount of info in the Foundation's files is a work in progress. Only a couple decades have been completed, the last I heard. So, a request might turn up nothing now. 5 years down the road, something might turn up.

If I have gotten any of this wrong, I'm sure someone who knows more than I do will be along soon to correct the record.
SWCA #2475, SWHF #318