View Single Post

Old 03-21-2017, 04:52 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Came across this thread with a Google search and saw a few pictures that looked familiar.....

I purchased my new Shield 9mm Performance Center through Grabagun on 3/15/17. I just picked up my from my FFL today and said to myself upon inspection, my lord they shipped me a well used pistol". The extended mag was in the mag well, no test fire shell, had "black grease streaks" on the mag followers, and was dripping wet with oil. This was NOT the case with my other Shield that I own (.40 S&W).

My FFL guy said, "hey, you don't have to accept that, but once you sign the paperwork we don't have any recourse with the seller". I however reluctantly filled out the paperwork after wiping it down, numerous cycling of the action, and then a few dry fires.

I headed to my office and field stripped the gun and started wiping things up. Why I didn't take pictures before I started cleaning it up, I don't know....oops. By cleaning it I mean using some paper towel to suck up the copious amounts of oil dripping from this gun, as well as cleaning the greasy marks from the mag followers, and the brass trail on the frame (it was more pronounced). Also has a very distinct brass ring on the breach.....I think that's what it's called....where the firing pin protrudes from.

I contacted Grabagun and they said, "we don't inspect the guns, we literally receive from a distributor and pass them along to the customer or FFL. They were professional and courteous, but in the end they advised to call S&W. I called S&W and they said, "that all sounds normal". The checked the serial number and said it was manufactured on 2/27/17, so the likliehood that it was used / demo'd, or whatever else is unlikely.....which I'd have to agree.

I'll get it home tonight, clean it, and then run some ammo through this bad chicken. I hope it meets my expectations, because I sure do like my other Shield in .40 S&W (my EDC gun). I was just looking to take a little "snap" out of the equation and improve my accuracy, hence the purchase of the 9mm version. The price on the PC version was just too tempting to ignore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0094.jpg (38.6 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0095.jpg (60.1 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0096.jpg (46.9 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0100.jpg (36.7 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0102.jpg (65.3 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by Dyno Dan; 03-21-2017 at 04:55 PM.