View Single Post

Old 03-21-2017, 08:40 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,022 Times in 843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdrBill View Post
Sir.
It has been a while. Seems like 850 or 950. Did not matter at the time, I wanted one. I called them from work, they had several, I gave them a credit card number and asked them to put the two best of them on hold. I drove up there and picked this one of the two. Came with a good set of sights for 3 position shooting.
I put a 6 power Redfield scope on it and have shot a few paper targets, but mostly used it to hunt wild ARIZONA Desert Lizards. Poor lizards don't stand a chance if I see them.
Bill@Yuma
I have # 4352, bbl. date 6-58 so both our rifles were in the 1st batch. I got mine, hand picked by a worker friend of mine, in 2007, after the sales had been over for a while.He found the rifle in a locker of a former employee and emailed me and asked if I wanted it knowing I was a former Marine. I sent the forms in and the price was $822.95 shipped. Came with the original Olympic front and International rear Redfield sights. The rifle I received was about a 99%er. Just about mint. Most had crushed butt pads and heavily scratched bbls. It does not compete with my CMP 40XB at 100 yards. Nothing I have in my collection does. If my memory serves me correctly, only 2,687 were contracted to the USMC. I have had offers of well over $2,000 for my rifle, but it's not going anywhere soon. Semper Fi to all you Marines and thank you for your service to our country. Big Larry USMCR (60-68)

Last edited by larryofcc; 03-21-2017 at 08:43 PM.