View Single Post

Old 03-25-2017, 05:28 PM
US Veteran

Liked 190,510 Times in 36,753 Posts
Default A sad day. New Update post #81

My youngest daughter Sarah's MIL, Deana, was diagnosed four months ago with a very aggressive form of brain cancer. She was at work on the computer and suddenly forgot how to type. Her debilitation was rapid and painful. The last few weeks, her appearance had become so bad that her husband would not let children in to see her. There are some images kids can live without.

She left us this morning.

Deana was only 49, much too young, and Steve, her husband is 53 and wracked with grief.

I couldn't build a better son-in-law than Ray. After a 6 year hitch with The Corps, including a combat tour, he came out focused, driven and sure of himself. Unlikely me and his dad, he has never been overtly affectionate and he is having a hard time dealing with his feelings and the array of emotions coming from those around him. He is already starting to withdraw into himself.

We have Sarah and Ray's kids, Anna(3) and Ian(7) with us right now and Ian is inconsolable.

I believe in the power of prayer and the comfort that comes from community so I ask for support, which I will share with them, on behalf of a lot of folks that really need it.

I do appreciate it.

Last edited by Rustyt1953; 04-01-2017 at 09:47 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: