View Single Post

Old 03-29-2017, 01:30 PM

Liked 201 Times in 50 Posts
Default my 2 cents worth

I got on the CCW bandwagon a long time ago (been teaching 25+ years now) It took a bunch of us like minded guys and girls many years to wear down our congress critters in a very blue state. When we finally got our CCW law, I took up teaching it and helping folks get legal.
Our state (where I was living at the time) had very tough laws, 8 hours classroom, live fire, passing a shooting test, etc. not to mention expensive.
On top of everything else the powers that be in charge of the whole mess at the state level drug their feet on reciprocal agreements with other states.
The bottom line is I went and got licensed to teach Utah due to the fact that it was cheaper there were real agreements in place and no live fire. Then I went back to my state and started getting folks legal with a Utah permit......worked for 4 years till my state dropped their recognition of Utah permits, and Utah felt the pressure and changed to requiring a person out of state to have their states permit first.
Bottom line for me:
There is nothing in the 2nd that says you may "keep and bear", but first you must pay a fee, then you have to prove to somebody you can shoot, then we will do a complete background check on you, then when we are good and ready we will let you know. Oh by the way we will also tell you where you can and can't exercise your "rights"
For many years now ( I have and continue to teach in several states) all my classes are free of charge.
To me its just giving back and helping my fellow citizens obtain what is rightfully theirs to begin with.
I am all for constitutional carry. In my experience folks who want to carry, also want to be safe and take care of themselves and their family's. But I don't really care, it is their right.
Not to mention the bad guys don't seek anybody's permission or do any training or have any respect for your or anybody else s safety.
I now reside in Wisconsin also, and we have a very good CCW law here. That said we will continue to need our permit to carry in other states. But there is always room for improvement...........and getting constitutional carry is the next step.
My big concern right now is universal background checks.
like I said just my 2 cents, your mileage may vary
The Following 4 Users Like Post: