View Single Post

Old 03-30-2017, 10:08 AM

Liked 17,309 Times in 6,652 Posts

Historically, gun control was used as a means to keep politically undesirable people from being able to defend themselves. Not just in the south, but in places like New York City and Chicago as well.

I don't know what the SC training requirements are, but SC does not appear to be particularly 2A friendly from what I've seen. Training requirements are part of gun control in many instances, not anything to do with proficiency or safety.

Police simulators are good training... for police officers. Civilians are far less likely to get into those situations. When is the last time you did a vehicle stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger17 View Post
Being newer to this hobby of mine (and gun ownership in general), I'm still forming my opinion on all of this. I get the rights given to us, and on the flip side i see people at the range who are carrying on their person, not bringing their gun in a case who shoot only a few rounds and struggle to hit the target. A permit won't make them a better/safer shot, but training could.
When living in SC I was going to get my permit down there, but moved back to WI before that happened so picked up my permit here. I can say what SC requires is far more involved than what WI does.

Where I stand now, is that I will do what is right for me. I believe that regardless of my right to carry, I also have a responsibility to be safe and knowledgeable when doing so.
Meaning before I begin to carry in public, I will make sure I am comfortable with all aspects that go with it and take the training I feel would help that cause.
As i learned doing some police scenarios in a simulator recently while in a citizen's pd academy; my being a decent shot on paper targets means nothing when put in a situation that is revolving and changing.

Of course, just my .02