View Single Post

Old 03-30-2017, 12:03 PM

Liked 2,948 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith44spl View Post
My goodness, the very thought of the un-washed masses of law-biding citizens being
allow to carry a tool of convenience to defend themselves against un-lawful menace
without the permission of the state or the powers to be...
For all are guilty till proven innocent by way of a back-ground check.

Oh wait, isn't that an inalienable right here in the good ol US of A, the right to defend one's self ???

My thoughts exactly! It's amazing how many people forget that we are supposed to have the inalienable, God given rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

My un-infringed ownership and possession of firearms is necessary to achieve each of those three constitutional guarantees. I do not need a government placing their controls on me due to the actions of criminals, that's a whole separate issue that needs to be dealt with separate from my constitutional rights.

This said, I get it that the more people in possession of firearms will probably result in more people being injured and/or killed with firearms. It's a dangerous world, but that should not mean that my rights get trampled. Let's not forget, constitutional carry does not do away with laws pertaining to assault, manslaughter, murder, robbery, negligence, etc. Nor does it do away with Civil liabilities. Criminals and culpable people will still have to account for their actions...

More people with access to cars/roadways means that more auto-related deaths occur, more people with more access to lakes, oceans, and waterways mean more people will drown/die in lakes, oceans, and waterways, etc., etc. Funny though, you hardly ever hear about the number of people that avoid harm and/or death due to having a firearm. Many, many times the number harmed by them...

Why is it that guns are the thing that government consistently singles out, with passion, for control? Well, because they inherently feel the need to control people, that is the very definition of politics. People having guns gets in the way of controlling people... I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it amazes me how many people in our country are clueless to these realities. When government control grows to truly controlling the people, the people can be suppressed. This is the way human nature, and the world, works. Look around, past and present, plenty of examples! And, this is why our country was founded on a principal of freedom; government for the people, by the people (even the stupid ones...). Unfortunately, human nature is also to take things for granted, to not take initiative, to just be led, thus the steady erosion of our country's founding values.

Yes, some more people may be harmed with constitutional carry, but freedom ain't free. For proof of this, look no further than the 1.3+ million Americans that have been killed defending our freedoms! Mini rant over.