View Single Post

Old 04-02-2017, 12:07 PM

Liked 69 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
I think this is the right way to go, but if you haven't sent it yet, make at least one measurement.

If you have a micrometer or calipers, measure this distance:

Then when the new one comes in, you can compare to see if there is significant wear. This will be valuable information to all of us.
Shot the pistol for an additional 203 rounds yesterday at a major IDPA match. Cleaned & lubed the gun and cleaned magazines thorougly beforehand. Had one stage ruined by a Failure to eject at round #3,275, which was a different type of malfuntion, although still extractor related I suspect.

This time an empty case was stuck on the extractor. I dumped the mag and tap racked to clear it, but 5 racks was not enough to get it to eject. I eventually had to peel it off the extractor with my fingers through the ejection port. That cost me 15-20 seconds on the stage lol, but I expected a malf at some point in the match with this gun. Also, it was a 4th type of factory ammunition, Atlanta Arms Elite 147gr Match grade JHP's.

So now it has 3,347 rounds through it with 7 malfunctions between rounds 1985 and 3275.

The extractor claw dimension requested looks to be .3385" according to my calipers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg extractor.jpg (73.0 KB, 42 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: