View Single Post

Old 04-02-2017, 06:12 PM

Liked 69 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
I just happen to have a spare Extractor so, I measured it. Mine is measuring .346" which is at least .01" larger than yours. I do indeed believe your problem to be extractor related.

I would still send it to S&W and see if they replace it.

Have you done a lot of Type III malfunction clearance practice?
Interesting, was your extractor out of a 2.0 or an original? I suspect the 2.0 extractor is different, because for instance it doesn't seem like Apex advertises their aftermarket extractor as working on the 2.0. I guess I could take apart one of my old M&P's and compare but my 1.0's have generally been so reliable I've never needed to remove the extractor, even after 10k+ rounds through a few of them.

On Type III malfunction practice, no, because again my old M&P's were so reliable I never had to worry about it. Problem is they're all .40's and I'm trying to switch to 9mm. T've discovered that trying to use conversion barrels introduces reliability issues too (occasional double feeds on full size 40-9 barrels and in the compact 40-9, for some reason the magazine follower doesn't contact the notch on the slide stop properly all the time, resulting in magazines that won't drop free).

However I've come to expect the 2.0 to give me a type iii malfunction at any given time, so I'm always ready to drop a mag, rack the slide, and then take a look to make sure the chamber is clear before reloading. Not really acceptable to have it happening like clockwork once every 150 rounds. If I wanted a gun that wouldn't run more than 100 rounds without cleaning I'd be shooting 1911, and at this point I'm not even sure cleaning is helping.

Last edited by LoneStarWings; 04-02-2017 at 06:25 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: