View Single Post

Old 04-04-2017, 11:26 AM
US Veteran

Liked 39,508 Times in 10,057 Posts

I get those who buy a decent mid price range gun because it is very effective, don't mind running a bunch of rounds through it, getting holster wear etc.

I also get those who spend serious money buying a top of the line gun, setup exactly the way they want it. Hey, when the job is defending your life you want the best tool.

I would wonder about who carried a registered magnum or the like. To many guns of very similar configuration to chose from. If your grandpa was a LEO and it saved his life, well maybe if your a bit superstitious.

I can't understand why some one would get a mechanically inferior model for a carry piece. If you ever really need it, $100 or even $1000 isn't going to matter right then. If it does end up in a =court case the cost of the gun isn't going to ba an important issue. Lawyers cost money, won't make much if you end up in the pokey etc etc.

I shoot S&W revolvers when I am shooting handguns. At the range, blinking etc. They are second nature to handle. Drawing, sighting, shooting, during recoil, reloading. For carry I have a 696, a 396 and now a 2 1/2" 325. None of them are cheap. My CA Bulldog is a good dependable gun, so is my Taurus 431. Both are going to be for sale.
The Following User Likes This Post: