View Single Post

Old 04-10-2017, 02:03 PM

Liked 913 Times in 293 Posts

I think it would be fun to play with a .410 handgun, but I'd want the versatility of a 3" chamber, and a longer barrel. My bag is varmint hunting, and one of these would be fun to cap close range varmints, plus use in places where you don't want to be firing regular bullets overhead into trees. It would also be a lot more effective as a snake gun than .38 or .44 CCI snake shot load. (And yes, I have first hand experience with this. One of the reasons why I picked up a used Mountain Lite .44 - more effect than a .38 shotshell.)

However, I'm not a fan of Taurus because there are just too many complaints about quality control, slow repair time, and no parts availability (everything has to be done by their service center).

The S&W Governor does not interest me in its present version. Want a longer chamber and longer barrel. And it has the new style barrel in a shroud. While that may not seem to be a big deal, there is a company that machines threads into the Taurus for choke tubes, and that cannot be done for the S&W. These choke tubes help negate the quickly dispersing pattern due to the rifling, increasing the utility of the gun.

So in both cases, I'll pass.