View Single Post

Old 04-13-2017, 04:28 PM

Liked 950 Times in 427 Posts

I can't speak on the currently offered Classic series m29, but I do own a 629-6 Classic (6.5" full underlug barrel) and it is as reliable as it is accurate. My first session attempting 50 yard shots from typical handgun hunting positions I was able to make paper plate sized groups. No, it's not impressive to the more experienced and practiced handgunners out there, but I feel that it was pretty good for my first attempt, and without optics. Just upgraded to a fiber optic front sight. I think alot of credit for that successful first outing at 50 yards goes to the quality of my revolver.

To help with all of the "Classic" confusion out there I think of it this way.... The "Classic" designation of my 629 Classic and the now discontinued 29 Classic (both sporting full underlugs which the model designation "Classic" really signifies) are called "Classic" as a model designation. The only difference between a standard model 629 and a 629 Classic is the full underlug and the Classics have a quick change front sight. Whereas the current offerings they call "Classic" are part of a model series. Most (maybe all) of those models were discontinued until they recently reintroduced them as part of their Classic series. They have several Classic models, the 29, 57, and several others.