View Single Post

Old 04-14-2017, 11:46 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,056 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule Packer View Post
I think everyone has pretty much nailed it. It boils down to one simple thing...quality. Sure, Henry lever guns are nice and smooth, but the receiver is made of zinc or some alloy, not forged steel.
That's my objection to the Henrys. The alloy receivers simply don't have the look of polished, blued steel. And I'm not one to have a knee-jerk objection to non-steel parts, I'm perfectly fine with Glocks and the like. It's just that a lever gun should have a certain look, and the Henrys don't have it. Lay one next to a Winchester 9422 and the Henry receiver looks like it's been spray painted.

Quote:
I bought my 9422M several years ago for $250. It was used, but all I had to do was work the action once and I was sold. I mounted a 4x Leupold scope on it and never looked back. It's undoubtedly one of my top favorite rifles to shoot.
I picked up a 9422M ten years ago for $330 and grumbled a bit about the price even at that. After I took it to the range though I knew I'd gotten a bargain. Smooth action and a pleasure to handle.
The Following User Likes This Post: