View Single Post

Old 04-16-2017, 11:15 AM

Liked 9,471 Times in 4,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4506517 View Post
I've sold 3 and regretted it. My $.02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muss Muggins View Post
I wish I had back back every firearm I ever sold or traded . . .
Amen and amen. I've only sold 5 guns in my entire long, sorry life (4 handguns and one rifle) and I deeply regret selling all but one of them, and even that last one probably should have stayed in the safe too.

But that said, I totally identify with the OP's dilemma. I'm at a point where the last few handguns I want to own before I run out of "good years" and cease my collecting are too expensive for me to buy out of my pitiful remaining savings or social security... so something has to go very soon or my goals will not be met.

The problem is that the guns I am willing to part with are mostly cheap plastic wonders and worth very little, especially post-election and with rebates running (with probably more rebates to come). I figure I'd have to sell 3, 4 or even 5 plastic guns to buy just one gun from my list. With four remaining planned acquisitions for 2017, that's a lot of plastic I've got to move.

It's not going to be easy but I'm going to a couple of my local dealers this coming week and start the ball rolling. I'm going the consignment route, at least initially. There are certain advantages to doing it that way here in MA.
The Following User Likes This Post: