Thread: Sheer Panic
View Single Post

Old 04-17-2017, 11:54 AM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittpa View Post
I had one missing for a while. I found it. I forget which one.
Yeah, not a real panic attack story but I couldn't find one of my guns for 2-3 years (I forget exactly how many). It was my old Bodyguard .38 Special which was kept in a secure place not far from my front door. Well, when I remarried and my wonderful wife moved in, a lot of changes were made. Things got moved around. In fact, everything in the house either got moved around or got thrown out. The next time I went to check on the Bodyguard, it was not where it belonged. What the heck???

I looked and looked but never found it. I know it hadn't left the house because I lived alone since I owned it and my good wife (fully-licensed now) would never have taken it. It had to have been put into one of my safes after she moved in. Still, I couldn't locate it.

Fast forward to about a year ago, give or take, and I ask my good wife about it for the umpteenth time... but this time she actually pays attention to me and tells me directly "It's exactly where you left it... where you've always stored it"! Sure enough, it was right there. It had magically reappeared. Well, maybe not so much magic. When the good wife moved in, my secure spot had gotten shifted somewhat and then covered-up by her stuff. Mama Mia!

Lesson learned. It now resides in one of my safes per our onerous new "safe storage" law. Not ideal for home defense, but at least I'll never "lose" it again.