View Single Post

Old 04-20-2017, 06:22 PM

Liked 1,134 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrekiller View Post
I tried your suggestion and it turns out I was pushing the sear stop down too far. The manual is a bit misleading in that regard.

As far as the roll pin goes, it only sticks out enough to impede the takedown lever. I'm sure that I can tap on it a little more with my punch and make sufficient clearance.
This is the second time I have seen this issue pop up on the M&P forum in the last few days. This is a good topic for the new gun owner to be aware of. The solution is easy.

Sometimes roll pins are not installed all the way into position. Just tap them back into place, flush with the side of the pistol. You can use almost any flat, blunt object to transfer the energy from a small hammer. A nail punch will work if used lightly and will even self-center in the roll-pin. The trick is to avoid having the punch slip off the pin and mark the plastic frame.

Likewise, after a lot of shooting, any of the cross-frame pins may "walk" out of holes and protrude a bit. Just tap them back in. (If they "walk" too often, clean off the end that is coming out, put a drop of loc-tite on it, and tap them back into place).

This is stuff that is fairly common with mass-assembled, striker-fired, polymer guns -- owners should prepared to do a bit of maintenance to keep things running right.

Last edited by S&W Rover; 04-20-2017 at 06:25 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: