View Single Post

Old 04-22-2017, 01:27 PM

Liked 59 Times in 33 Posts

I recently bought a CS-1 that is probably a production overrun and it's in excellent condition. I paid $825 for it w/o a box & the front sight had been replaced with a gold bead. It also had a Hogue Monogrip which is incorrect.

The government spec'd sight should measure 1/10" vs. the OEM 1/8". I found a new 1/8" sight which will be installed after it's narrowed a few thousandths to make the gun period correct.

The grips that were originally spec'd are Pachmayr Compacs with a "window" in the bottom so the s/n can be seen. I just a bought new pair of them on Amazon & they have the window but maybe they didn't originally come that way when the gun was issued in the mid 80's.

The 2M marking shows the gun was issued to the Customs Service & then sent back for a rework. As far as finish mine is brushed stainless & none of the photos I've ever seen show anything more / less.

IMHO the price is at least $300 too high. The gun is used but if it came with the original blue & white box that might add a little. As you may have read in previous posts many Inspectors threw away the OEM box & when the guns were re-worked / reissued they probably came in a plain brown box. I'm going to say this is a huge maybe but your gun might have been bead blasted after repair but I've never seen it mentioned.

There's a photo in this thread of a CS-1 with a box & it's in Canada. His & mine are only 200+ apart & his is in better condition. He said he knew his was an overrun but I'll have mine lettered from S&W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CS-1a.JPG (48.0 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg CS-1b.JPG (60.7 KB, 127 views)