View Single Post

Old 04-25-2017, 06:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

theprofessorsbackpack - looked at your posted picture and it is very interesting, it is either a very early and part of the evolving Theodore creation or it could be an attempt to copy/clone. It does not have the guttersnipe sight and I cannot tell is it has been Teflon refinished. It does not appear to have cut-down barrel and slide, or significant slide milling which normally included a removal of significant material and the serrations. It does have the bobbed hammer and modified trigger guard, correct grips, and windowed mag. I cannot tell for the picture, was the frame shortened (otherwise the ASP mag and grips would not fit)? What is the capacity of the mag?
As it is a 39 it could an early prototype in the ASP evolution and, of course, all of Paris Theodore's NY work was actually custom and to order. The vast majority of the ASPs I have seen in the marketplace appear to be from Appleton, which is not surprising at all given the initial customer base. Do you have any history?

Last edited by JFB76; 04-26-2017 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Correction and additional info