Thread: IMR 4759 SR
View Single Post

Old 04-25-2017, 11:47 PM
Suspended

Liked 8,916 Times in 3,555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsfxst View Post
I have a 8lbs keg of this powder unopened. I received from a friend. I cant find any data I talked to IMR they said they sent a list of caliber's this powder can be use. And I could find loads on there wed sight. it never came threw .I've spent a lot of time on there wed sight. and cant find any thing. any one hear have any data for this powder and what calibers it can be used for.
The name of this propellant is S.R. 4759, not the other way around. The current maker is IMR, successor to DuPont. In the old days when these propellants were made by DuPont it was I.M.R. for Improved Military Rifle. S.R. stands for Sporting Rifle. As it stands now all of the S.R series have been discontinued. 4759 for something like the third time!

S.R. 4759 is an excellent powder for many original black powder cartridges like .45-70, .38-55, etc. It is usually listed in loading manuals as simply 4759. It shouldn't be at all difficult to find data for it. You may have to find some older loading manuals, at least 20 years old, to find much however. Older manuals can usually be easily found at gun shows.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: