Thread: S&W Quailty?
View Single Post

Old 04-27-2017, 12:49 PM

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

The Model 60 Ladysmith was bought in Jul `04 and the 686 approx. `06 or so since it`s back at S&W and the paperwork is in the box with the weapon. I forgot to take the paperwork out of the box when I sent it back (I normally keep the paperwork underneath the foam lining in the box it came in to keep it all together) Both these aren`t really recent but they aren`t that old either.
I do realize that mechanical things break on occasion but I`ve always trusted revolvers much more so than auto`s but I`ll have to admit that my confidence has been shaken.
As far as round counts are concerned I`d guess the Ladysmith has 300 or so rounds fired, mostly 38+p and the 686 800-1000 with about a 50/50 mix of 38`s and 357`s. With the round count on them both low and in particular the 686 I didn`t expect any problems with it. The Ladysmith I`ve pretty much written off as a fluke with perhaps a bad batch of hammers.
Stuff happens and I just hope that the 686 is returned soon and I don`t have to wait months to get it back. I`ve seen where some people got them back fairly quickly and some had an extended wait. We`ll just have to see I guess. My assumption is that this won`t cost anything as I`ve seen the mention about the lifetime warranty and just hope it applies here.
Thanks for the replies.
The Following User Likes This Post: