View Single Post

Old 04-28-2017, 12:55 PM

Liked 7,293 Times in 2,624 Posts

I had Andy Horvath build me a .32 long out of a 17-2. It came out nice and was a lot less then a K-32 abt 3 yrs ago. Building a .32 lerk would be a lot cheaper then a Pre-16 seeing that one sold the other nite for 4500 on the Woodlawn Boys on GB. Had my guns bbl cut to 5" cause I like the bbl length.

Always wanted a custom gun and having one made in .32 long seemed like a good idea. Its a bucket list gun. I finished it off with a set of Keith Brown grips. It matches a .38 ISP overrun gun I have with a 5" bbl. Not saying a model 16 isn't accurate but my bbl has a faster twist then a stock Smith has. I can shoot it a lot and not have to worry about ruining the value of a nice model 16 seeing how much they go for.
Its fun to shoot knowing it was custom made and is something S&W did not make.

I don't shoot PPC but found a .32 bbl here in the classified. Had a .32 PPC made last fall from Andy, it was slab sided and has no rib on top. Thought it would look cool with the model 15 adjustable sights with a big fat bbl. I shoot a double action revolver league and this is perfect for it. It weighs less also. Both guns shoot better then i can shoot them. I'm sure I can sell them for what I have in them.

Froggie, you'll need a cyl with a LERC extractor to match the cut out. Neat project for roughly 1200-1500 dollars. I had my guns made to ENJOY the CALIBER and not putting out a lot of money.

Have all the parts to build a gun in .327 but bought a 4" 16-4 instead. The barrel I found for the next .32 project is a 4" .32 Mag bbl so buying the 16-4 was a wash price wise. The 16-4 matches the 2 14-6's PPC Roper guns with 4" full lug barrels I found. All I need is a 17-6 with the 4" full lug barrel to have a matched set in 3 calibers.

Last, I have a tapered rib K-22 with bluing issues that would be a perfect conversion gun for sale. PM if interested, Larry
The Following 2 Users Like Post: