View Single Post

Old 04-29-2017, 09:38 PM

Liked 26,754 Times in 9,253 Posts

In the 1970's I was trained to use a revolver: 1) I was trained to reload loose ammo from belt loops. 2) I was trained to reload with my eyes closed with the proper technique to keep from missing a chamber (so I didn't need a light), 3) I was expected to at home (with the revolver out of sight) look at people out a window while reloading by touch.

Now days the only dump pouches I find are used up and not fit to carry! so I've gone to an 8 round speed strip in a pouch on my belt. I have loaded 5 & 6 round speed loaders in the truck consul, but on my person I have a speed strip! I have 6 snubby (1 is a Colt) and 4-4" revolvers, the same speed strip works for every one of them, with 2 or 3 extra rounds.

When on the rare occasion I carry an autoloader I have a J-frame as a BUG. The auto may or may not have an extra mag, but the BUG always has a speed strip.

If at all possible, I would rather my feet get me out of trouble than my bullets. The problem is, after the stroke, my feet can't always get me out of what my mouth gets me into!

Ivan