View Single Post

Old 04-29-2017, 09:48 PM

Liked 420 Times in 271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDog
I reckon I must be behind the curve (or maybe behind the 8-ball) on "proper" pistol maintenance. Or am I?

In a bit over a half-century of shooting, I've never...not once...taken a magazine apart to clean and/or lube it. I've never felt the need to do that. For any brand...pistol or rifle. Or shotgun.

Matter of fact, up until I joined this forum a few years ago, I'd never even thought about doing it, nor have I personally known anyone who does this.

Frankly, it seems a bit obsessive to me. But what do I know, right?
Not behind the curve at all. Its just my way. Clean the gun when new, clean the mags also. I admit the higher end names really dont need it but I have also bought HiPoints that had machining shrapnel in them. That being said I like to practice on the tactical course, shooting while moving, this means mags are ejected onto the ground. The nature of it alone requires some maintenance

And the term you were looking for is "Anal"

Everyone develops their own "way" of doing things. I dont begrudge any of em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLM View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one that struggled with reassembling the mag. I had to put it down and walk away till the next day and then try again.
If anyone knows the trick I'd sure like to know what it is.
I had to set mine down for a few moments also

No trick, follower has to be level and you have to have it PERFECTLY lined up. (it helps if your standing on your head while biting your tongue to the left)

Last edited by Dad_Roman; 04-30-2017 at 10:04 AM.