View Single Post

Old 05-01-2017, 07:27 PM

Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

similar story- I was at a range and had finished up and walked out and removed my targets and met a young couple setting up as I walked back to the bench. I like to reload in batches and try to empty all of the cases in a batch, so when I got back to my bench and found I had left a speedloader full, I waited and asked if I could drop a few into the hundred yard targets the young couple was just getting back from setting up. I honestly thought I would be totally missing their target with a 2" 19, but with the help of their spotting scope I put one within 3 inches of bullseye and two more on paper! If you shoot enough, you get off some memorable shots, thats a given.
Think about the bore on a morter in regards to length of barrel, caliber and distance traveled, and you get a ratio even less likely to put rounds on target but with spotters it happens pretty effectively.
Shooting snubbies long range is 90% consistency, 10% equipment, and the rest is luck.
You just never know- but tactically, why give up your position and lose the advantage of surprise for a shot with a low percentage of success on an approaching threat, and if firing on a retreating threat you are going to have a hard time explaining viable threat in all but a very limited set of circumstances, wouldn't you agree? just because you can doesn't mean you should.......
The Following User Likes This Post: