View Single Post

Old 05-02-2017, 12:21 AM

Liked 75 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonioz View Post
Bought new MP10 and gun dealer upgraded barrel to Mega Arms DPMS Clone. Have not been able to shoot since new light strikes or none...Only SW firing pin can be used as it has spring on it and AR pins are much bigger. I'm lost and out of a lot of money as the gun dealer went out of business and now I feel like I do have a frankengun. Anyone who owns a MP 10 does the firing pin not protrude much out of BCG? Mine barely comes out....No one here in CA wants to touch it as they have no experience with MP10....I have also been told by SW that you cannot use a different bolt as it is a different size. Need real help here
My current understanding is that to use a DPMS pattern barrel, you would need to also use a DPMS bolt carrier and bolt assembly. You would also need to check headspacing on the components as the FP protrusion could cause light strikes as well on a loose assembly. I am not sure if DPMS uses a FP spring either, and depending upon ammo, this combo could cause issues, as the original gun was set up for commercial hunting ammo with potentially lighter primers than a mil spec projectile.
The Following User Likes This Post: