Thread: S&W Quailty?
View Single Post

Old 05-03-2017, 03:52 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
the overall quality of the Ruger seems to be better,
That certainly isn't the case with my one and only Ruger. I know they make some fine firearms but they make some cheap stuff too. I have a LCP .380. FWIW the Smith M&P Bodyguard .38 Special isn't top of the line stuff either IMO. My daughter bought one because I suggested it. It works well enough for what it is but I generally expect more from S&W and most of the time I get it. It's just that the Bodyguard isn't in the same league as the S&W .357 revolvers my dad had hid everywhere you might sit down or the S&W's I own, which are truly great firearms IMO. My big problem with the Bodyguard is the accuracy or precision is you will. It just won't put the bullets on target like the classic S&W revolvers will. I know it's a pocket pistol designed for short range only but still - I have 2 Taurus pocket pistols that will shoot like Sig P210's. I shoot empty cartridges at 20 yards with one of them. My buddy set them up and asked to see what I could really do. He about lost his mind when I hit every one of them. With a Taurus - BTW that is one great pistol. Not one failure in 5000 rounds or so and insane accuracy and how they get so many rounds in such a small package is spooky. Must be some storage in a parallel universe or something. It's crazy how many rounds they get in that thing. It's a PT-145 for the record. .45 ACP - 10 + 1 of them in a gun you can hide with your hand and it shoots comfortable as an old shoe.

Last edited by C J; 05-03-2017 at 03:58 PM.