View Single Post

Old 05-06-2017, 09:57 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,401 Times in 1,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornax View Post
I appreciate all the information. Keep it coming!

I am in the process of some 357. Actually my first batch of 357 magnum. And with what i have been reading in all the posts, it seems like this is a good place to try something else.

One reason i also have trouble, is I live in NY (Don't pity me too much... ). I have to deal with an FFL which adds a lot to the cost. Frankly, if I am buying one pound, its more than the powder in many cases! So i try to shop local to avoid eating the Hazmat AND FFL cost.

I am going to venture out today and see what i can find. I live very close to PA, so I will see what i can find. BE-86 seems pretty interesting. I have also liked the comments regarding CFE-P and Universal. I guess for the magnum I might also try one of the powders mentioned with a higher burn rate.

Thanks again for all the comments. I really enjoy these forums. I get so much information from them every time I post. Wish I had as much info to give back!
Not sure what you mean by "higher burn rate". Generally for magnum loads you want a powder with a slower burn rate. Unique and Universal are sort of medium burn rate. Bullseye, 231, etc. are faster burning. 2400 is the classic magnum powder and has a much slower burn rate. There are charts that list the relative burn rates. Just Google and there is all sorts of info on line.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: