View Single Post

Old 05-06-2017, 10:05 AM

Liked 67 Times in 49 Posts

While I agree that a good optic is better than a bad optic, it's better to error on the side of caution when buying one. I have no experience with PA optics, so I don't have a dog in the hunt. I have one optic for my AR and that is a Burris AR332.
If you plan on using any AR for home defense, you will probably won't have time to remember to turn on your red dot and factor in the size of the weapon and, my personal opinion only, I think any AR used at household ranges is a good choice. Instead of worrying about the good and the bad of PA, one of the best additions would be a GOOD weapon light, preferably one with a strobe option.
I guess what I am trying to say is the chances of actually using a red dot for home defense is very slight. If the PA works fine at the range and you need to use it for HD, no reason it wouldn't do. I'm not a big fan of using one optic for the range and another for HD. In a real emergency, you need every second you can get and fumbling around trying to remember which button does what is a very bad idea.

Last edited by batmann; 05-06-2017 at 10:07 AM.