View Single Post

Old 05-07-2017, 08:53 AM

Liked 2,921 Times in 1,222 Posts

I have tried the Sig P238 in 9 mm as best I recall but not .380. It shoots nice, appears well made, and is a handy size but I decided I did not want to carry it in a state of readiness I was comfortable with and did not want to have a safety.

The Beretta Nano (9 mm) also shoots well, appears well made, and is a relatively handy size but seems too top heavy to me. Has anyone tried the Pico (.380 caliber)?

The first generation LCP (.380) and LC9 (9 mm) shot fairly well for me but I had trouble with the sights as I remember. They appeared relatively well made, and the size and balanced were very nice. I think it was the sights that kept me away. The newer versions seem to have better sights.

I also tried the Kahr CM9 (9mm) and its slightly more expensive near-twin the PM9 and one of their .380 iterations (I believe it was the P380). They shot the best for me and the sights worked best for me, appear well made, and the size of either is handy for pocket carry. I ended up with a CM9.

Since then I've tried a Glock 42 (.380) to see if it was good enough to replace the CM9.. It is a really nice shooter and it's a well made firearm but it did not seem to offer any advantage for me over the CM9 other than it was less snappy.