View Single Post

Old 05-09-2017, 02:26 AM

Liked 2,954 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeenteeee View Post
I'm the same way-- I wonder if S&W would be against a DIY fix, if a fix required further disassembly than a field strip. That pic I posted above, it didn't just pop in in place but if I took out the roll pins I'd be able to see if I need to replace or re-fit the pre-existing piece.
First of all, if you have roll pin punches to remove pins from the frame and properly reinstall them, it would be difficult to tell if you had disassembled the gun beyond a field strip, unless of course you bugger something up or install and leave in non- factory parts.

However, and I don't mean this to sound flip or insulting, I really don't care. It's a gun worth $400 or so. If S&W looks at it and refuses to honor a warranty, I'm not out a whole bunch of cash if I just throw it away (not that I would). It's a mechanical device. If I and S&W can't (won't) fix it, someone else can. If not, eh. Move on.

I spent a lot of time and energy and emotion over the years with gun companies and products that didn't work. It was a learning process for me, both to know WHEN to go back to the company, how to deal with company, and when to cut my losses.

I agree that 7 weeks on a Performance Center gun turn around for a warranty issue is horrendous customer service, but if that had been my gun it would not have been sent back anyway, so I wouldn't have been exposed to that disappointment and frustration. Identified problem, identified solution, easy fix, I do it. Even if I have to disassemble a gun into every single component part.

Not everyone has the tools, experience or patience to do so, I know. So, if dealing with customer service is your only option, you have to learn to deal with it. Sorry.