View Single Post

Old 05-12-2017, 09:33 AM

Liked 9,184 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik View Post
Because alcohol automatically means fall down drunk, puke and pass out.
No, because it automatically means altered state of mind, no matter to what degree.

It also means "complicating factor" in any use of deadly force.

Quote:
It can't possibly be a glass of wine with dinner.
It could, but that doesn't change anything. A hostile prosecutor will still portray you as impaired, as will the attorney for the mutant survivors of the drooling beast who tried to slaughter you and your family.

Quote:
So after enjoying dinner I'm not allowed to defend myself? I'll probably just have the urge to do a few drive bys with automatic weapons.
You're allowed to do whatever's legal.

Whether it's a good idea is another matter.
Quote:
I'll probably just have the urge to do a few drive bys with automatic weapons.
If that's the case, I'd stop drinking if I were you. There are some good programs that will help with that.

Quote:
What's to stop me from having a drink at home, grabbing a rifle and shooting out my window?
Nothing.

I don't HAVE to have a drink to enjoy dinner out. In fact, I'll be dining out tonight, carrying a handgun. I won't be consuming any alcohol, both because it's unlawful here, and I consider it a bad idea.

Some of us place a higher priority on being able to defend ourselves than on consuming alcohol at any given instant. Others disagree.

If it's legal to carry and drink where you are, as we used to say in the 2nd Infantry Division, "Let your conscience be your guide."
The Following 2 Users Like Post: