View Single Post

Old 05-20-2017, 12:39 AM

Liked 253 Times in 117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.b View Post
. You wouldn't see Smith and Wesson calling an automatic pistol a "Chiefs Special", or a semi automatic rifle a "Military and Police", now would you??? Of course not, it would get everyone confused!!!
Best Regards, Les
I think there should be a "tongue-in-cheek" emoji Anyway, I think this kind of thing happens because no one asks the guys and gals on the line who are actually building the things what they think. The ad agencies based in Manhattan or Chicago are deciding what to name them. And they get focus groups from the cities where they are based, not really representative of the typical gun enthusiast I would guess. I get the feeling that the strategy is to eventually expand the line following a snake theme: Cobra, King Cobra, Viper, Diamondback, Boa, Anaconda, and (gasp) Python--which may or may not resemble the originals. The possibilities are intriguing, though. Think of what a "Copperhead" or "Black Mamba" or "Sea Snake" or "Death Adder" might look like. Imagine walking into a gun store and seeing a Death Adder in 555 Colt Magnum in the case.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: