View Single Post

Old 05-20-2017, 10:46 AM

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Thanks for the advice. You are exactly right, but I keep getting in trouble with the wife (boss) on these purchases. I've been using the philosophy of purchasing first and asking forgiveness vs. permission.....LOL

I'm not sure I "need" a mid-length gas system, but I have heard they are a little smoother shooting and easier on the gun.

Overall, I really like how the Saint is configured right out of the box and it isn't a lot more money considering I'd want to upgrade either the Ruger or the Sport II.

Maybe I just got unlucky, but when S&W is taking more than 6-8 weeks right now to turn around repairs, it really makes me wonder.

I've got the itch to buy an AR, but in the end, I just might wait, save up some more bucks and purchase a better gun.

Right now I'm considering waiting until this Fall to buy one and hoping the Saint will drop some more in price.

What gives me pause on the S&W Sport II is their QC. I've purchased my first two S&W products over the past six months and both have had defects from the factory that have had to be repaired.

Maybe I just got unlucky, but it really makes me wonder when S&W is quoting 6-8 weeks now for warranty repairs.

I am now thinking about waiting until this Fall, saving up some money and purchasing a more expensive rifle. The Saint is certainly still under consideration and I may look at the Colt and other rifles as well.

I appreciate all the helpful advice, this is a great forum for new gun owners like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
My advice is to buy the rifle you want regardless of price. Purchasing an AR is not a money savings event, and the price of these rifles is typically dwarfed by the dollars spent on ammo, optics and extras.

Sounds like you want a mid length gas system. If so, make that a criteria for purchase and don't look back.

Happy AR hunting.

Last edited by digitaleagle12; 05-20-2017 at 10:54 AM.