View Single Post

Old 05-20-2017, 10:40 PM

Liked 48 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
Quick update with my first experience (FINALLY) to give the new 66 snub a workout. I didn't have long before the rain came through central Indiana today, and was cautious to run any 357 through it until I was satisfied with the results from 38 special. Not a single hiccup to report. The Wilson Combat Spring Kit performed flawlessly, not one light strike in DA to report. The only thing I noticed when I got home to give it the first thorough bath was that the strain screw backed out on me a bit. I was kind of expecting this after doing the spring kit upgrade, but didn't want to Loctite it until I was sure there would be no problems in DA. I put a dab of blue on the threads, so I shouldn't have this problem again based on doing this with previous Smiths. I should have put up some paper targets to check accuracy, but I was hitting small steel plates at around 30 yards in DA with relative ease, so I'm pretty pleased on this front at the moment. Otherwise, no binding, no problems opening up the cylinder for reloads, no excessive fouling with WWB ammo or problems igniting the primers. Just lots of smiles!

I experienced no shavings or blowback with 38 (and don't recall that anyone else has with 38 either), so on the next trip I'll be ready to try some 357. Honestly, so far it's running like a top.

Sounds like a great day of smiles at the range! Run some boomers through that puppy and let us know if she gobbles 'em up! Sounds like you got yourself a nice one there. Glad to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk