View Single Post

Old 05-21-2017, 10:04 AM

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

I think it is easy to spend more when you have a CC as you can justify buying something "now" instead of waiting for it. However, you still have to pay it in 30 days or less, or you are going to spend a lot more for what you just bought.

We use reward cards to buy just about everything, but always budget to pay them off when they are due to avoid the interest.

For example: I have an AE Blue Rewards card that pays me 6% for every purchase at grocery stores and 3% at gas stations and department stores. That really adds up. Yes, I have to pay $75.00 a year for the card, but I get more than $400 back. I have another card that pays 2% for everything else I buy.

Even so, I"ll bet most people spend more using credit cards than they would if they paid cash. They can be very dangerous if you aren't disciplined.

As much as I would like to drop $750+ on an AR-15, I know I can't afford it right now and will wait.

It's interesting to me that gun merchants don't seem to offer 90 day same as cash financing or 12 months with free interest offers. If they did, I'd probably be buying that new gun right now.

Last edited by digitaleagle12; 05-21-2017 at 10:07 AM.